Friday, April 18, 2014

Jedsus Had To Die


Jesus had to die that I might live!

    “For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”  Romans 5:6 (NKJV)

 
    1. In the Cross of Christ I glory.

    Christianity does not exist without the Cross and we are unable to free ourselves from our sins on our own.  The forgiveness that God gives us is not the same as cancelling a debt that we have with Him.  The forgiveness that God gives us are the wounds of His Son raised up on the Cross.  Throughout history the church has preached the Cross as a visible symbol of the Act of God in Christ to purge the sins of the world (Hebrews 1:3 “when He had by Himself purged our sins”).  “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”  Isaiah 53:5 (NKJV)

    And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.” 1 Cor 2:1-2 (NKJV)

 

    2. “I live by faith.”

    “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”  Gal 2:20 (NKJV)

    This is not human nature which is crucified, but the dodgy side of life.  I no longer live under the control of sinful passions, but I live a crucified life in union with Christ.

    “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence.” Eph 1:7-8 (NKJV)

 

    3. A Living Hope!

    “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”  1 Peter 1:3-5 (NKJV)

    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” John 3:16-17 (NKJV)

 

    4. Reconciled to God through Christ.

    “For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight-- 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.”  Col 1:19-23 (NKJV)

    “Jesus has forgiven me of my past sins and failures. Hanging onto them makes as much sense as sending in payments once your car is paid off. It's paid.  Done.  Gone.  Be thankful, face forward, and walk on.” Patrick Mead

 

    5. Open the door of your heart to Jesus!

    “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”  Rev 3:20-21 (NKJV)

    God does not force anyone to obey Him, but He keeps knocking to ask us to respond to His love for us.  We love Him because He first loved us.

 

No comments: