Tuesday, November 20, 2007

THANKSGIVING PRAYER

MY PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

Almighty GOD, Father of all mankind,
You created me and gave me life. (Genesis 2:7)
I thank You that I am a citizen of Heaven
as well as a citizen of this present world. (Phil. 2:20-21)

I am trying to follow Your Golden Rule, (Matt. 7:12)
and I pray that my efforts, though feeble,
may bring praise and honor to You, LORD!
I am trying to let my light shine. (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:15)

Thank You, LORD,
for my health which You have given me. ( 3 John 2)
for my eyes that see,
for my ears that hear,
for my heart that beats,
for my legs that walk,
for blood and bones and strength.
For all the blessings You give me daily,
I thank You.

I thank You, LORD,
that I am able to work and prosper,
that I can help support my family,
that I am still able do things and
feel that I am worth something,
that I can add to the common good,
and be able to help others also.

I thank You and praise You, LORD,
for all my family,
for my mother and father,
for my sisters and brothers,
for aunts, uncles, cousins,
for grandmothers, grandfathers,
for children, grandchildren,
great-grandchildren.
I thank You for friends and neighbors too.

I thank You, LORD,
for the Written Bible, a light of truth
to guide me through this world.
For the Church, my family of faith,
for the Lord's Supper - Holy Meal -
we celebrate the Cross & Resurrection
of JESUS - LAMB of GOD!

I thank You, LORD,
that You have blessed our Nation (Psalm 33:12-15)
with great prosperity and freedom,
that I am free politically and religiously,
and not harassed or persecuted,
free to worship You in spirit and truth.

I thank You, LORD,
for faith, hope and love, (1 Cor. 13:13)
for the promise of the eternal future (Rev. 7:9-17)
which I can see by the eye of faith.
I look for the Eternal City called Home
as did faithful Abraham. (Hebrews 11:9-10)
I want to live in Your House forever! (Psalm 23)

Bless America, dear LORD,
preserve every one of us
in this time of world crisis. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
Wash us and cleanse us (Isaiah 1:16-20)
and turn our hearts back to You! (Luke 1:17)
Send us revival and renewal! (Romans 7:6)
We lift up holy hands to You (1 Timothy 2:8)
in praise and joy and thanksgiving! (1 Peter 1:8; 1 Cor. 2:9)
In Jesus' Name, Amen. (John 16:23-24)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

GOD OF THE HOLY PROMISE
(Heb. 10:21-24)
For God ever deals with mankind
through His Word of promise.
We in turn cannot deal with God
otherwise than through faith
in the Word of His promise.
We consider Him faithful in His promises,
and patiently wait in this belief.
Promise and faith must go together.
For without the promise there is nothing
to be believed; while without faith
the promise is useless, since it is
established and fulfilled through faith.

No comments: