Saturday, August 9, 2008

WANTED - A BURNING BUSH

LORD, Send Us A Burning Bush

"And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed." Exodus 3:2

"And of the angels He says: 'Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.'" Heb 1:7; Psalm 104:4


Wanted - A Burning Bush
[R.D.Ice]
The angel of God appeared to Moses
in flames of fire blazing out of a bush.
The bush was blazing away but it didn't burn up.
"What's going on here? I can't believe this!
Amazing! Why doesn't the bush burn up?"
God saw that Moses had stopped to look.
God called to him from out of the bush,
"Moses! Moses!" "Yes? I'm right here!"
"Hold it! This is sacred sand.
I want your shoes off and I want your head straight.
I AM God! I AM the God of your fathers!
Abraham saw Me, Isaac saw Me, Jacob saw Me,
I AM The Awesome God."
Moses hid his face, afraid to look at God.
"I've taken a good, long look at the affliction
of My people in Egypt. I've heard their cries for
deliverance from their slave masters;
I know all about their pain."
"I have a plan," God was saying, "a plan
to set My people free, and Moses - YOU
just volunteered to do the job."
God, speak to me, show me the way.
Lead me in Your paths of righteousness.
Give me a relationship with You, O God.
Blessed be Your Holy Name.
[Exodus 3:2-7]

"There is in every common bush the light of God, and only those who see it draw off their shoes. It is the old story again. God is near, God is in this place, and we knew it not." Boyd Carpenter


1. Moses - two great streams of power.

a) Egypt. "Out of Egypt have I called my son." Matt. 2:15; Hosea 11:1.

b) Hebrew. "Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?" Exodus 2:7

Oh LORD, You are the Great Power!

Matthew 22:31-33 "But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine."


2. God shakes His Church by sending Power. Acts 4:23-31

"And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31 "With great power" Acts 4:33.

"The Spirit rested upon the entire community, first, in the very way they had asked, so that they "spake the word with boldness" (Ac 4:29, 31); next, in melting down all selfishness, and absorbing even the feeling of individuality in an intense and glowing realization of Christian unity. The community of goods was but an outward expression of this, and natural in such circumstances."—Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary


3. What does the future hold???

Often we are led through unfamiliar waters, where the course of life is uncertain. Be not discouraged. Faith plans anyway and reaches forward to the goal. Our Father continues to work in our world. "But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working." John 5:17

a) Paul said: I trust in the Lord [Phil. 2:23-24].

"Therefore I hope to send him [Timothy] at once, as soon as I see how it goes with me. But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly." Phil 2:23-24

He had confidence even when the path of life was not clear at the moment. We "reason after a godly manner" even if our thinking is not precisely correct. Paul placed his plans in the Lord's hands. He wanted God's will to be done - whatever that might be. He joyfully trusted in the love His Father had for him. And so should we.

No comments: