Friday, May 17, 2013

Pentecost Against The Powers Of Darkness

Pentecost Against The Powers Of Darkness


"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." Ezekiel 36:26-27


"I will put my Spirit within you, so that as the new spirit may influence the new heart, so will MY SPIRIT influence YOUR new spirit, that each may have a proper mover; and then all will be pure, regular, and harmonious, when passion is influenced by reason, and reason by the Holy Ghost." —Adam Clarke's Commentary

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away." Heb 8:12-13

The knowledge of God shall be found in every part of the world. Matt. 24:14; Romans 10:18; Psalm 19:1-4



1. Pentecost was an unique event. Acts 2

Joel’s prophecy fulfilled.

God is real! Wonderful works of God!

God is faithful to His promises.



"But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy." Acts 2:16-18; Joel 2:28-32

"Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear."  Acts 2:33; Gal. 3:14

"And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also."  Acts 10:45



2. Pentecost brought in the New Covenant.

a) The Spirit confirms our faith.

b) Brings joy in the midst of suffering.

c) Assures us, guides us, teaches us.

"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" Rev 7:9-10

"When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven." Matt 8:10-11

3. Pentecost conquers the powers of darkness.

We reread with new eyes the New Testament - especially the Book of Acts.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."  2 Cor 4:6

"And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen." Romans 16:20

"Oh Lord, our God, Your creation of Man was a wonderful work. Your redemption of Man is still more wonderful. May we strive in a lawful way against the dark and evil powers of this world. May we find in You everlasting joy in the midst of our struggles. May the Holy Spirit of Pentecost help us to become what we already are in our New Covenant life in Christ Jesus. May Your Holy Spirit bring renewal to the Church and crush Satan beneath our feet. We pray in the name of Jesus."

No comments: