Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jesus knocking at your door


This is JESUS knocking at your door.
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Rev 3:20

"And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully." Luke 19:5-6

Satan wants us to think that God has turned off His phone, closed His door, and written off the human race. But JESUS (who is God) is at our door, knocking and asking to come in to share Life with us.


1. Christ the Lord.
When Jesus decided to go over to Zacchaeus’ house, the crowd was appalled. They all "began to grumble, saying, ‘He has gone to stay at a sinner’s house.’" If Jesus had cared more for what people said about Him than for what God was asking of Him, Zacchaeus would have continued in his sin, and the countryside would have continued to suffer from his injustice. But Jesus knew His mission, and He didn’t let vain gossip and opposition deter Him from it. He is the Lord, and He will rule His Kingdom according to His own standards, whether or not everyone else is comfortable with it. True Christians will do likewise.


2. Christ the Teacher.
In this passage Jesus teaches us about Himself. He provides a living parable that illustrates the entire meaning of the Incarnation, and then, just in case we didn’t get the message, He summarizes it for us: "The Son of Man has come to seek out and save what was lost." Christ’s whole life while He was on earth was dedicated to bringing people back into friendship with God.

"So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." 2 Cor 5:20-21 (NLT)


3. Christ the Friend.
Zacchaeus was joyful because salvation came to his heart, but Jesus was even more joyful, because the shepherd loves the sheep more than the sheep can ever love the shepherd. Jesus brings joy to our hearts whenever we welcome Him into our home, our soul, and our mind. Jesus longs for us to reach out to Him in faith as we eat the Lord’s Supper. Now, in prayer we speak to Jesus of our plans, our hopes, and our struggles.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep." John 10:14-15


4. Christ in my life.
God, what did You create me for? You made me to live in communion with You. You want me to get to know You, more and more, for all Eternity, as best friends keep getting to know each other better – and the more they do, the more enjoyable the friendship becomes. I want that too. I want to share in Your work. Whatever You want me to do, I want to do, because I want to follow You…

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him." 2 Cor 5:17-18 (NLT)

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." John 17:22-24

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."
John 15:14-15

"Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah." Acts 3:19-20 (NLT)

No comments: