Wednesday, August 13, 2014

MY SOUL REEMBERED GOD


MY SOUL REMEMBERED GOD

    “Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.2 Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.4 He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.5 He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!”
Psalms 103:1-5 (NLT)

    1. God remembers me!

    Jesus came as the Human One, the Son of Man.  He came with the water of His baptism and the blood of His death.  Each one of us is created in the image of God.  Jesus loves me!

    “Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.”  Heb 2:14-15 (NLT)

    “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'” Acts 17:26-28

    “We could not seek God unless He were seeking us. We may begin to seek Him in desolation, feeling nothing but His absence. But the mere fact that we seek Him proves that we have already found Him. For if we continue in our prayer, we “remember” Him, that is to say, we become conscious, once again, of Who He really is. And we see that He has found us. When this consciousness is the work of grace, it is always fresh and new. It is more than the recovery of a past experience. It is a new experience and it makes us new men.”  Merton

    2. Tempted and tried.

    “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. 5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, 6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:4-6

    All that God caused to be written in the OT has great meaning for us today.  Such things were written in the Scriptures to teach us.  God’s people will always face difficult times.  The psalmist fears God has forgotten him.  But he finds hope as he remembers God’s mighty deeds of old.  His soul remembered God.

    “I cried out to God with my voice-- To God with my voice; And He gave ear to me.  In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; My hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; My soul refused to be comforted.  I remembered God, and was troubled; I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed.” Psalms 77:1-3

    "For a mere moment I have forsaken you, But with great mercies I will gather you. 8 With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you," Says the Lord, your Redeemer.” Isaiah 54:7-8

    “My soul still remembers And sinks within me. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord.”  Lamentations 3:20-26

    3. But I will remember!

    “And I said, "This is my anguish; But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High."  I will remember the works of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.”  Psalms 77:10-12

    “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.” 
2 Cor 5:17-18

    This means that anyone who belongs to Christ HAS BECOME A NEW PERSON!  [But we need to learn to become what we already are.  “Trust and obey, for there’s no other way.”]   

    “Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
2 Cor 5:20-21

    We stand amazed at the foot of the Cross and look up to the Lamb of God!  He is the proof of God’s amazing Grace & Love!

    "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.”  Rev 1:17-18

 

No comments: