Friday, October 24, 2014

Victory Has Been Won


The Victory has been won!

    “Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."  Revelation 12:10-12

 

Living Water

    “On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”  John 7:37-39  [John 12:16,23]

    “A water ceremony was held each day during the Festival of Shelters, with prayer for God to send rain in the late autumn. The final day, called "the great day," was the climax of the festival, when the ceremony was repeated seven times. Water was poured over the altar as Levites sang Isa 12:3 (see Zech 14:8; see also Mishnah Sukkah ch 4). • Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!  Jesus fulfilled an essential element in the Festival of Shelters. He himself is the source of living water, available to anyone who believes.”—NLT Study Bible

    “The first and second chapters of the Book of Acts is the best comment upon this passage. When Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father and was glorified, he sent forth the Spirit upon his apostles on the day of Pentecost, and the apostles in turn promised the gift of the Spirit to all who would believe, repent, and be baptized.”—Four-Fold Gospel, McGarvey

    The Holy Spirit is the "seal" of Light, with which God has placed Heaven in the Christian’s hand. Often, however, some Christians avoid this light in preference of a life spent in the shadows, or worse still, in a false light, that sparkles with hypocrisy. 

“Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,

goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.”

This is the fruit of The Holy Spirit.

And this is our pathway to Heaven.

It is our road, so that Heaven may begin here.

Because we now have this Christian identity,

we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Let us ask the Lord for the grace

to be watchful with this seal we now have,

with this our new Christian identity,

which is not only a promise, no, for

we have it already in our hand,

we have a down payment (earnest KJV).

[Romans 8:10-17]

 

 

Strength in weakness.

    Mr. Christmas Evans now made a solemn promise to God, made, as he says, "under a deep sense of the evil of his heart, and in dependence upon the infinite grace and merit of the Redeemer." Some of this renewed determination can be seen in the following.  [I have revised his language.]

    1. "I give my soul and body to You, Jesus, true God and Eternal Life.  Deliver me from sin, and from eternal death, and bring me into Life Everlasting. Amen."

    2. "I call on the day, the sun, the earth, the trees, the stones, the bed, the table, and the books, to witness that I come to You, the Redeemer of sinners, that I may obtain rest for my soul from the thunders of guilt and the dread of eternity.  Amen."

    3. "I do, through confidence in Your power, ask You to give me a circumcised heart of love for You, and create in me a right spirit, that I may seek Your glory.  Grant me that strength which You will confess in the day of judgment, that I may hear You speak my name. Grant me this, for the sake of Your Most Precious Blood. Amen."

    4. "I plead with You, Jesus, Son of God, in Your power, grant me, by Your agonizing death, a covenant-interest in Your blood, which cleanses; in Your righteousness, which justifies; and in Your redemption, which delivers. As You have tasted death for all men, grant me Eternal Life.  Amen." 

 

No comments: