Thursday, November 20, 2014

THANKSGIVING


THANKSGIVING  Psalm 100:1-5: 107:1-3

    We love Him because He first loved us!

    1 John 4:10 "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He first loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

  “And be ye thankful.”

    1. Thank You, Jesus, for coming to earth to seek and to save me, even before I knew You.

    Jeremiah 31:3 "The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: 'Yes. I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you."

    2. Thank You, Jesus, for Your loving willingness to suffer and die for me and to grant me total forgivenes of my sins.

    Rev. 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness. the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood."

    3. Thank You, Jesus, for Your patience and grace when I fail, and that You always receive me and never condemn me.

    John 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."

    4. Thank You, Jesus, for Your gracious and tender ways, with Your abundant lovingkindness toward me.

    Isaiah 54:10 "For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed, Says the Lord, who has mercy on you."

    5. Thank You, Jesus, for Your love and Your wish to complete all that You plan for me.

    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

    6. Thank You, Jesus, for your promise and faithfulness to keep and sustain me through pain and struggle.

    Isaiah 43:1-2 "But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.  For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

    7. Thank You, Jesus, for You understanding my weaknesses and bringing strength to my life.

    Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed. for I am your God.   I will strengthen you, Yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand"

    Hebrews 4:15-16 "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the Throne of grace. that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

    8. Thank You, Jesus, for you are with me every day, always near and never forsaking me.

    Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conduct be without covetousness, and be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we may boldly say. The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"'

    9. Thank You, Jesus, for You are preparing being a place for me to be with You forever.

    John 14:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

    10. Thank You, Jesus, for your assurance that until that Day, Your conquering love and power is mine, so that nothing of earth or hell can ever separate us.

    Romans 8:37-39 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril. or sword? As it is written: 'For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.' Yet in all these things wc are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
                “Rejoice evermore!”

No comments: