Saturday, March 26, 2016

JESUS IS ALIVE

     Jesus  Is  Alive!!!
        "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."  Rev 1:17-18 (NKJV)
        Around the world people are celebrating the traditional Easter - the Resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead.  We celebrate the Cross & Resurrection every Sunday in the Lord’s Supper.  We should always be looking back to that Day in the First Century when Jesus Rose From Death!

I see YOU, Jesus, with the eye of faith.
I see you lifted up on the Cross,
dear Lamb of God,
taking away the sins of the world.

I see YOU, Jesus, buried in the tomb,
lying cold in death, covered with a shroud.
The world had done its thing,
and could do no more to You.

I see YOU, Jesus, rising from the dead,
coming forth from the tomb
in Your Resurrection Body.
You are Alive!!!  Forevermore!!!

I see YOU, Jesus, ascending back to heaven,
there to sit at God’s Right Hand,
having all Authority and Power,
You are High and Lifted Up!!!

I see YOU, Jesus, Coming with the Hosts of Heaven!
Bringing a countless army of Your saints!
Raising all the dead, who will stand before You!
Fulfilling Your Eternal Plan of Salvation!

    1. Death has no dominion over Him now.
        "Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him."  Romans 6:8-9             
    2. He rose for our justification.
        "Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification."  Romans 4:23-25                                         
        "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"  John 11:25-26
    3. We are risen with Him.
        "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection." Colossians 3:12-14
        "But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus," Ephesians 2:4-6
        "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5
    4. Holiness - experiencing the power of His Resurrection.
        "and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:9-14


No comments: