Tuesday, October 25, 2016

CERTIFIED BIBLE-THUMPER

Certified Bible-Thumper
    The Bible says it.  [Thump.]  I believe it.  [Thump.]  That settle it.  [Thump.]
     But, what does the Bible say?  Apostle Paul wrote: for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life...the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament...now the Lord is the Spirit.  [2 Corinthians 3:6-8]
    Christians worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  The Bible shows us who we are and shows God teaching us and guiding us into eternal life.  The Bible speaks of Jesus the only-begotten Son of God.  We see God’s Vision Of The Ages and how Jesus is God’s Lamb to take away the sin of the world.  As we see turmoil and confusion and conflict around us, we turn our eyes to that City whose builder and maker is God.
    The Gospel is the Power of God.
    “But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.”  Gal 1:11-12 (KJV)
    “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.  And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.”  1 Thess 1:5-7 (NKJV)
    True Apostles were called by God.  They learned the Gospel by direct revelation from the Risen Son, and by the Scriptures. 
    “Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."  And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.”  Luke 24:44-45 (NKJV)
    “And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”  2 Tim 2:2 (NKJV)

    1. Paul met Jesus face to face and was directly certified to preach the Gospel of Christ’s doing and dying and rising to life again.  He was given direct knowledge by the Holy Spirit.
    “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), and all the brethren who are with me.”  Gal 1:1-2 (NKJV)
    “Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?  If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.  1 Cor 9:1-2 (NKJV)
    “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."  In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”  Heb 8:10-13 (NKJV)
    “This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.  For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.  And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.”  1 John 5:6-8 (NKJV)
    “And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross (literally This is he who came by water and blood): The truth is that Jesus' baptism and death confirmed his identity as the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus of Nazareth was and is truly the Christ, the Son of God, from the beginning and forever.  5:7-8 three witnesses: The Spirit descended on Christ at his baptism (see John 1:32-34). The water is the water in which Christ was baptized (see Matt 3:13-15; Mark 1:9-11). The blood is the blood that Christ shed at his crucifixion (see Mark 15:37-39). —NLT Study Bible
    “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.”  Psalms 139:23-24 (NKJV)
    “But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.”  Prov 4:18 (NKJV)

Jesus The Son came in human form;
flesh & blood, in order to defeat
the devil and the forces of evil.
Why is our world the way it is???
A wise man said: “How can you
have a top without a bottom?
or a front without a back?”
The contradictions of our world
are part of God’s Plan.  He gave us
freewill and we can choose Him.
And yet He chooses us in Christ.
Because He loves us, He wants us
to love Him and draw near to Him
with clean hands and a pure heart.
To make this possible, He sent Jesus
The Lamb Who Takes Away Sin -
by the sacrifice of Himself.
We love Him because He first loved us!

     [Thump!!!]

No comments: