Wednesday, November 30, 2016

PRAYING AND FORGIVING LIKE GOD

Praying And Forgiving Like God
        Things happen in our world and forgiveness seems impossible.  We have very strong feelings (James 4:1-6) yet God will help us to repent and forgive if we will ask Him.  Jesus on the Cross could say: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”  They thought they were doing the right thing by crucifying Jesus the Son of God. 
        God Himself is the greatest example of forgiveness.  “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”  Hebrews 8:12.
                “Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.”  2 Cor 5:18-19 (NKJV)  [Trust & Obey]
        1. Neither do we understand life.
        "Holy Father, there is so much that I do not understand.  Death has come into the family, hard times, financial difficulties, or things that I thought were punishments sent by You.  People said, "It's God's will," and I became bitter and resentful toward You.  [compare Luke 13:1-6.]  Purify my heart and mind today.  Help me to look always to You and Your Glory and Your amazing Love."
        Jesus said: “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”  Mat. 6:14-15.
        "Lord Jesus Christ, I ask today to forgive everyone in my life.  I know that You will give me the strength to forgive.  I thank You that You love me more than I love myself and want my happiness more than I desire it for myself."  [compare Psalm 130]
        I must first forgive myself.
        "Heavenly Father, I forgive myself for all my sins, faults and failings.  [compare Psalm 51 in this context.  “Wash me, cleanse me.”].  I forgive myself for unbelief in Your goodness, and for not truly believing in Your love for me.  I release stored up bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness.  I forgive myself for not spending enough time in prayer, for allowing myself to be distracted from praise and worship to You.  I forgive myself for any sins against purity, for compulsive behavior, for hurting my parents or friends, for wounding people with words and behavior.  Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the grace to forgive myself and the power to change."
        As we forgive our debtors.
        "Heavenly Father, I forgive my mother for any negativity and unlove she may have extended to me throughout my life.  I forgive her for any times she may have hurt me, resented me, been unreasonably angry with me, or punished me unfairly."
        "Heavenly Father, I forgive my father for any negativity and unlove he may have extended to me throughout my life.  I forgive him for any nonsupport, lack of love, affection or attention." 
        "Lord, I extend forgiveness to my sisters and brothers, my spouse, my children, my mother-in-law, father-in-law, son/daughter in law, and other relatives by marriage, who may have treated my family with a lack of love.  For all their words, thoughts, actions or omissions which injure and cause pain, I forgive them."
        Forgetting the past.
        “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  Phil 3:13-14
        "Heavenly Father, I forgive those who have hurt me the most, those who are the hardest to forgive.  I now choose to forgive, even though I may still feel angry and hurt.  I also make peace with the one family member, the one friend, the one church leader who has hurt me most in life." 
        "Lord, I beg pardon of all these people for the hurt I have inflicted on them, especially my mother and father, and my marriage partner.  I am especially sorry for the three greatest hurts I have inflicted on each one."
        "Thank You, Jesus, that I am being freed from the evil of unforgiveness.  I praise You and Thank You for granting me repentance and forgiveness and setting me free.  I want to offer my life to You as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing.  In Jesus' name, Amen."
        “For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.”  2 Cor 3:17-18 (NLT)
        "Holy Spirit, pour the love of God into my heart [Romans 5:5].  Fill me with Christian love, holy joy, and all the fruit of the Spirit [1 Thess. 1:5-6; Gal 5:22-25].  Mold me and make me after Your will.  [2 Corinthians 3:17-18]  I claim the Victory, in Jesus' Name.  Amen."


No comments: