Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OPENED

O P E N E D

"Oh, that my words were written! Oh, that they were inscribed in a book! That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God, Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” Job 19:23-27

The Bible shows us God’s love and God’s power. As a loving Father, God wants everyone to turn to Him and be saved. By His power He brings everything into subjection to Himself.


God means what He says.
His powerful Word is as sharp as
a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through
everything, whether doubt or defense,
laying us open to listen and obey.
[Hebrews 4:11-13]


We’ve got a fantastic Chief-Rep -
Jesus, God’s Son, already up there,
working on our case.
Our Rep isn’t distant and cold.
No, He’s been through it all.
We can walk up to God’s Throne,
boldly confident of His Generosity!
[Hebrews 4:14-16]


1. God’s opened door.

Rev. 3:7-8. “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.’ I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.”


2. God’s opened eyes.

Isaiah 42:7; Luke 4:17-21. “And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord....Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”


3. God’s opened ear.

Isaiah 50:5; John 18:37. “The Lord God has opened my ear; And I was not rebellious.”

“Jesus answered, ‘You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”


4. God’s opened Scriptures.

Luke 24:32, 45. “And they said to one another, ‘Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”

1 Cor. 2:12-13 “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”


5. God’s opened heart.

Acts 16:14. “Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshipped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. And when she and her house were baptized . . .”

No comments: