Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What God Wants

Does God Get What God Wants?

This is my Bible, I am what it says I am.
I have what my Bible says I have.
I can do what my Bible says I can do.
I believe I have the Victory which Jesus won. [Hebrews 2:9]
I believe I can resist the devil and he will flee.
I believe the Holy Spirit has poured [Romans 5:1-5]
the Love of God into my heart, and that
I can rejoice with joy unspeakable and
full of glory just as Peter wrote. [1 Peter 1:8]
Thank You, LORD, that my Bible says
You love me and You give me the power [John 1:12-13]
to love You and to follow You all the way.
Thank You LORD for that eternal home
which my Bible talks about,
the City not made with hands.
Thank You, Thank You, O LORD!


What does God desire?

God does desire for all to be saved (2 Peter 3:9). God will save people from all over the world. God really does love everyone. God is the creator of all. If scripture is clear about what God wants, what would keep God from getting it done? It would not be for lack of love or lack of power. Would it be because God gave up trying? We would agree that salvation would not be lacking due to any of those things.


God has compassion on all He has made –

“The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, And Your saints shall bless You.” Psalms 145:8-10

God’s anger is temporary but His love endures forever –

“Sing praise to the Lord, You saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.” Psalms 30:4-5

God wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth –

“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,” 1 Tim 2:3-5

We are all God’s offspring –

”Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'” Acts 17:23-28

All the ends of the earth will turn to the Lord and all the families of the nations will bow down Him –

“And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 8:11; Psalm 22

Every knee will bow and tongue confess Jesus as Lord –

“and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil 2:11


So everyone will show JESUS ultimate respect,
Everyone will stand for inspection all “present and correct,”
And every mouth will say, He’s LORD, this Lamb of God,
His reputation will soar - JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

No comments: